Thursday, December 16, 2010

[14].

I decided to start over. I was originally going to write a poem, something that would sound hokey and possibly make you chuckle, but I realized that's not really me.
Well, not always, so I'll stick to what I know.



We've seen a lot of life together.
We have cried, laughed until our sides have hurt and have held each other's hands as we've learned to see God in situations that simply do not make sense.
You've extended grace and mercy to me time and time again; often, by you choosing to come into my world and remind me that this too shall pass.
You're one of the greatest friends I never asked for, and one of my most treasured gifts.
I love you more than I could say, and honestly, I don't really know why I'm trying.
Thank you for loving me the way I need to be loved, for being so intentional that I don't even have to ask
 ...
you're already doing something to fix whatever jam I find myself in.

Thanks for being the person I was always too afraid to ask for,
one who understands me, knowing that exclaiming that I need a cookie actually meant emotional turmoil, reading my facial expressions (you know, that day when I wanted to "punch the world"), 
loaning me your Dad 'cause mine's out of commission,
for making me smile, challenging the things I think I can't do...
that's why you're my twin, my sister
forever.

Happy birthday, Monte.
  


No comments: