Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Singin' in the Rain...

How elated must Don Lockwood (Gene Kelly) been after finally having Kathy (Debbie Reynolds) accept to have lunch with him?
He ends up singing and dancing in the rain.

I walked in the rain today, not so much fun. It was running up and down my back, not to mention my face; making it difficult to see anything.
It says something about Don, he really liked Kathy; at least enough to dance and sing because he was so happy.

Why can't I do that?
Why can't I dance and sing and revel in the great things God is doing?
Why can't I sing because I'm so happy?

I often save singing for a time when I'm in community worshipping.
What would it look like if I acted like a fool (like Gene) and just sang and danced my heart out in the rain?
It's tempting. It's raining pretty consistently now, has been for a few hours now.
And if I do gather up the courage to sing, the rain might just drown some of that out. :)

That'll be my unspoken challenge for myself; dancing and singing (moreso if it's raining).
Especially if there's no one there to back me up.

"I'm dancin' and singin' in the rain..."

No comments: